Monday, February 8, 2010

Things are coming together nicely...

26 more sleeps, only 3 more weeks of work before I'm off work and running around like a headless chicken doing last minute organising!  I had my dress fitting on Thursday which went well, only a tiny bit of adjustment needed which was excellent.  I feel very girly, wearing a pretty dress and shoes, having hair & makeup done, that kind of thing.  I think that most of my friends won't recognise me!

The dress store, Strictly Bridal, can also custom-make Dave's tie, which is great news, because I was starting to worry a little about that.  All I wanted was a retro-style, skinny orange tie.  I thought it would be easy!  But my Google-Fu failed me.  So I'm glad that has been sorted out.  And if it doesn't turn out how I want, well, by the time I find out it will be too late and I'll just have to "deal with it" as a certain manager would say.

On the jewelry side of things, Dave's ring has now been resized thanks to Le Gassick in Robina.  The ring belonged to his great-grandfather, who was married on 15 October 1913.  I also got them to repair my signet ring that I've had since I was a little girl, and it looks beautiful, but unfortunately it was quite worn and they have polished off the engraving.  So I need to get it engraved again.  We also ordered my wedding band from there and it should be ready on time.  For my earrings, my Mum found a gorgeous pair that are very close to matching my choker through TradeMe (which is NZ's answer to eBay).  She also picked up a very pretty hair clip for me.

The Mums and I have agreed to do the seating plan the Monday before the wedding, which is cutting it a little fine for my obsessive organising tendencies, but I think I can cope as long as everything else is organised!  There's still lots of little details, but really, if I fell in a hole right now and couldn't emerge until the wedding day, I think everything would be fine!  All of the big stuff is done now.

There's an awful lot happening between now and the big day and I'm going to be very busy - Dave's birthday is tomorrow, Radhika's birthday and Valentine's is this weekend, Andrea's is next week, then my Hen's Night,  then I start uni, then people start arriving!  Busy busy!  So I apologise in advance if I seem a little scatterbrained, distracted, or forgetful - I have other things on my mind :)

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment