Monday, February 1, 2010

Hair & Makeup

I had my hair & makeup trial with Amanda at Allure today.  She was great, and I was very happy.  I told her at the start that a) I'm very fidgety and claustrophobic around my face, so having makeup done is like torture for me, and b) therefore, I never wear makeup at all, so anything she does needs to be very light.  She took it in stride and made me feel confident that she understood my concerns - most of the time, makeup artists just go "sure" and then blunder in and plaster something on and my eyes are watering and I'm hyperventilating and...Sorry, flashback there...Anyway, she wasn't like that at all.  She constantly asked me if I was comfortable, explained what she was doing at each step, and worked around my eyes tearing up.  She worked with my good features and I think she did a fabulous job.  No photos though - I want it to be a surprise!

After the trial, and feeling fabulous, I went and tried on my dress to make sure it all looks fine.  I took my shoes and my gorgeous choker and I'm really happy with the result.  But I need to find some pewter or antique-looking silver earrings that aren't too blingy so they don't detract from my choker.  Suggestions?

On Thursday I go back to Strictly Bridal for my dress fitting.  Luckily, it needs minimal work.  I was amazed at how easy it was to find my dress, and how well it fitted right off the rack.  It's my classic hourglass figure, you see ;)

Still need to organise music for the ceremony and our first dance (which will include everyone - Dave flatly refuses to dance as a couple with no one else on the dancefloor), although I know what I will be walking down the aisle to.  Lots of other little bits and pieces to organise still as well, but mostly on track!

Less than 5 weeks to go now - 33 more sleeps - but who's counting, eh? :)

1 comment:

  1. :) I wish I had suggestions for jewelry but really have no idea.. but I'm gettin excited :)

    ReplyDelete