Monday, February 15, 2010

Bridezillas

I think I've done a fairly good job of not becoming a bridezilla.  Unfortunately, my obsessive and neurotic personality traits make my have bridezilla moments, but I think I have them mostly under control.  There's only been a couple of points where someone has had to tell me to chill out.  And I haven't really put my foot down about anything or been particularly demanding on anyone yet, I don't think.  Of course, I'm stressing out and not sleeping and constantly chugging Rescue Remedy, but that's a different story...

Anyway, I wanted to talk about bridezillas.  When I was at Strictly Bridal waiting to have my dress fitting, a woman came into the store to pick up her dress.  She argued with the store attendant about the amount remaining on her bill and was kind of rude.  In the end, the store attendant gave her a headpiece for free.  After this woman left, the attendant told me that she'd brought one of the most expensive dresses they have, and spent around $15,000 in the store, including dresses and accessories for her and her bridesmaids.  Yes, you read that right - $15,000.  Apparently, this woman had also gotten different height shoes for all her attendants so that they appear all the same height in the photographs.  And while she was there with her attendants for fittings etc they were all very obedient and just accepted whatever she said.  Talk about a bridezilla!

I think nearly everyone has a wedding horror story of some sort, if not from their own wedding, then from someone they know.  So far everything is going according to plan for ours, but I'll breathe a sigh of relief when it's over.  In the mean time, I'll keep laughing at Wedinator and Cake Wrecks and hoping that I don't end up making an appearance on either site!

No comments:

Post a Comment