Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hen's Night Shenanigans!

Saturday 20th February was my Hen's Night.  Many people contributed to it's organisation and setup, including Radhika, Debbie, Christina, Kelly, Hao, and Sonja.  So big thanks to them for making it such a great night!

I'm totally not a girly girl who is into pink and that kind of thing, as my friends know.  So Radhika and Debbie decided on a Rock Star theme for my Hen's Night, which was an excellent choice!  We all dressed up as rock stars and went to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner.  I'd never been to a Hard Rock before, the atmosphere was cool and the food was excellent, with HUGE servings.  Hardly anyone finished their food, there was a lot!  There was supposed to be a live KISS cover band as well but they were late starting so we didn't get to see them.



After dinner we had to head back to the hotel.  We had to be there by 11pm.  I had a pretty strong suspicion why and of course I was right!  The girls had organised a stripper, who was dressed as a fireman and had very nice abs.  He was hot!  I won't go much more into it because this is a family blog, but let's just say that my assumptions about stripper boundaries were very wrong :P



After he had done his show, the stripper got dressed and then hung out and chatted for a bit which was really cool.  He seemed like a very nice guy and was basically just stripping as a second job to earn some extra cash.

Thank you so much to Flavia, Julie, Christina, Andrea, Kelly, Radhika, Grace, Annie, Ranti, Tong, Debbie, Hao, Sonja, and Nabila for coming along and making it such a great night!  For those of you who couldn't make it, you missed out on a lot of fun :)

In other wedding news...It's only 10 more sleeps until the wedding, 4 more sleeps until our parents arrive, and there's a lot to do before then!  My list keeps going up, no down.  We have a meeting with the hotel function co-ordinator tomorrow to go over all the details and finalise everything.  Then on Monday we sit down with our Mums to organise the seating plan.  All next week I'm running all over the place for various appointments to make myself beautiful for the big day, as well as driving up to Brisbane or down to Coolangatta to pick people up from the airport.  It's going to be frantic!

Very much looking forward to seeing you all soon.  A word of warning for the ladies: if you were planning on wearing pink, I suggest you think again!  My nieces were very upset when I told them that they couldn't wear pink, so if you turn up in pink you may find yourself being told off by a very indignant 5 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment