Friday, January 22, 2010

43 More Sleeps!

I should have started this about 6 weeks ago, sorry everyone! Our wedding is 6 weeks away tomorrow, only 43 more sleeps...I can't believe it's so close, and there's a lot happening between now and then as well. I think the remaining time is going to go very fast.

Most stuff is organised now: Dave has a complete outfit (except I think he needs a new belt, I keep asking him to check...), my dress is organised, and I have my shoes and am waiting for delivery of my choker from DragonWeave Jewelry. Dress fitting is in two weeks. I'm hoping to organise a hair & makeup trial before then so I can test it with my dress and make sure everything is going to look ok.

On the decoration front, we've finalised everything with the ceremony decorator Dream Day Weddings so that we're not standing in front of an ugly door with the sun in our eyes during the ceremony. The venue, Vibe, supplies a lot of stuff and the event co-ordinator, Caroline, has been super-helpful. But the ceremony is in their garden, which backs on to the Titanium bar next door. So we needed a bit of decoration to make it nicer. I received the sand for our Sand Ceremony and centrepieces today (from Coloured Sands), which looks good, except the "natural" sand is a little dark. So I may have to exchange it. I'm waiting for the containers we're going to use to arrive so I can do a test.

The favour boxes have also arrived, so now we just have to figure out what we're putting in them! My vote is for orange-flavoured M&Ms - they are a limited edition and are orange and white which is perfect. But Dave doesn't like them that much and they may not be available by the time we need to buy them. So we're going to look at how expensive orange and white jelly beans from Jelly Belly will be. Otherwise our fall-back option is orange and white sugared almonds.

We met our cake decorator Taya from Deliciously Decadent last week and she sent through some preliminary sketches. The cake is going to be amazing. All I will say here is that it is an asymmetrical 3-tiered (and 3-flavoured) mud cake, decorated in our theme colour, with dragons. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Think that's all the news for now. Still waiting on a few RSVPs but most people have replied. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

Love Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment