Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Odds and Ends

Both sets of parents arrived safely on Sunday and our other guests have also started arriving.  We are working through the final arrangements now but there are still a few little things to sort out.  Like a ring pillow.  And music for the ceremony!  Everything is mostly under control, however.

We took our parents to Vibe on Monday so they could look around at what they're paying for and meet the function co-ordinator, Caroline.  I think they were happy.  They seemed to be, anyway!  Then we did the seating plan.  The seating plan was not as painful as I was expecting but not as easy as I was hoping.  I learned a valuable lesson: you can't please everyone all of the time so you may as well annoy instead, because that's easier :P

After the seating plan, we rewarded ourselves with a bit of fun and made up the favour boxes and the centrepieces.  I kept Daddy at the opposite end of the table from the lollies but he still managed to scavenge whatever got dropped or spilled on the table!  Then everyone got their creative juices flowing making sand jars for the centrepieces, which look excellent.

Only 3 more sleeps to go.  My brain is on autopilot and I'm having trouble keeping track - if it's not on the list it gets forgotten.  So sorry if this has affected you in any way!  Also my coherency has dropped and my writing skills are not great - this is not my best post :P

PS - Weather is not looking great.  I'm operating on the assumption that the ceremony will be in our wet weather backup plan area and not outside in the garden, but staff will be directing people on the day anyway. Yes, I know people say it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day :P  In my opinion, they just say that to make you feel better about the crappy weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment